The Commerce Court Property Management team is pleased to announce that the West Tower has achieved BOMA BEST Platinum level certification. This is the highest level of certification in the BOMA BEST green buildings certification program. Highlights noted in the BOMA BEST Platinum certification for Commerce Court West include:
- Energy efficiency projects, such as a recommissioning project, lighting retrofits, and base building equipment upgrades. An ASHRAE Level II audit was also conducted outlining future Energy Conservation Measures.
- Long standing tenant Green Council that promotes deep engagement and partnerships between property management and occupants on various sustainability related opportunities.
- High waste diversion rate with a unique sorting room for food court waste materials.
- Detailed, proactive assessment of short and long-term climate change.
- Strong environmental health and safety program with bi-annual indoor air quality assessment, third-party cleanliness and green cleaning audit that ensures a healthy environment for building occupants.
- Online, publicly available sustainability resources that include conservation tips by subject matter, downloadable posters and campaign ideas for tenants to implement within their premises.
Commerce Court North, East and South towers along with the retail concourse have all recertified BOMA BEST Gold-Level. This noteworthy achievement along with the West Tower's is thanks to the dedication and ongoing pursuit of continuous improvement by the property operations and technical services teams, our partners at Hallmark Housekeeping and the efforts of our tenants in helping us reduce our environmental footprint.